New rims for Ariel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmfan454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I scored some FREE 20" GMC rims. I couldnt find another OBS with this specific style NNBS rim. I am really liking the way they look. So much so that I am ditching the lift idea and keeping it stock. Just going to get a 2" cowl hood, color match bumper and grill and a tailgate then repaint. I call her Ariel because of the little mermaid color. These rims are going to save me a lot of money to apply to other areas. LIke the interior and motor upgrade. Any opinions on how it looks so far?

You must be registered for see images attach

When I first go her

You must be registered for see images attach

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Surprisingly those rims do look good on there! :waytogo: If I'd guessed before seeing the picture I wouldn't have thought that so I'm pleasantly surprised :) If you're not lifting you may want to take off that push bar and lights on the front IMO Those always looks a lot better on lifted trucks but that's just me :) Nice truck for sure :handshake:

gmfan454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you Old77! I wasnt sure that this style would look good on the OBS trucks but I was pleasantly surprised once I put them on. I kind of agree with you on the push bar and lights but I do use this truck for hunting so they actually serve a purpose. But, I still might take them off. Not sure yet.

gmfan454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess I am just not to familiar with them. I will have to google image the differences in appearance between the 2 and the 4" Two inches can make a big difference. Ask my wife, she can also back up my manliness...lol. But seriously, I have seen some cowl hoods that are just ugly because they went overboard.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
IMO 4" cowl is overboard unless on a car or truck that has something under the hood to make up for the huge scoop. Just stick with the 2".

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
The rims look good with that color. But I would give the front just a little bit of a crank to make it level. The lights and brush bar would still look good with just a little height.

And Congrats on the free wheels!!

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
That is one beautiful color :lol:.

If it were mine, I would go with a 1" block and crank level with some 33 aggressive a/ts or m/ts. Then a cowl hood and some ptm. That would be clean as hell.

gmfan454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I appreciate the feed back. I do want to level it. Just never done a crank before. I will hit youtube and see what I can find. I understand the idea, just havent actually done it. After these tires wear, I plan on some more aggressive A/T tires for it.