NEW PRODUCT! 88-94 Full Replacement Dash!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89GMC4by

Reaction score
Just wanted to post some before an after pictures of a dash replacement we did this week at my shop in a 92. Really satisfied with the outcome an the customer loves it.

Normally I don't recommend LMC unless they are the only source (which for this item they are). I do have to say this is one of the nicest products I've seen from them in a long time. Downside is they only come in a dark gray an must be dyed to match your existing interior color.

You must be registered for see images attach

I was getting ready to buy this dash.
2 questions, where did you get the cubby hole under the 2 vents where the tape deck used to be?
Also does the new dash come with the back piece that you screw the oem radio too?

Years ago I installed a CD player in the center under the vents like a lot of people have done, and in the process I cut out the plastic tabs where the stock radio mounts too and used a piece of wood to mount a satellite radio tuner there. (You’d have to see it ).
Now I’m looking to put everything back to stock or close to it and install the retro stereo in the oem spot and need those tabs back.

Kind of a costly mistake but I could use a new dash.

I too have bought some LMC parts and was disappointed in the seat cover and seat foam.
I had to basically zip tie the crap out of the seat cover to make it work, and the foam was so big that I sit almost with my head touching the roof.
There’s two different foam types, one that fits if your seat frame is inside the foam and the other where the foam is on top. My stock one was inside the foam, that’s was fun getting it off, and so I bought the foam accordingly. It seams to large from what it used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

89GMC4by

Reaction score

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2 questions, where did you get the cubby hole under the 2 vents where the tape deck used to be?
Original GM accessory slide-out cup holder. Can be found in boneyards. They made a lot of 'em! Not always in good shape after all these years but they are fairly durable.

Richard

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Yes, I had the same issue with the LMC seat covers. Color was awful and it added too much foam. Luckily I found a nearly perfect complete 88-89 blue bench at a junkyard in Alberta, Canada.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, I had the same issue with the LMC seat covers. Color was awful and it added too much foam. Luckily I found a nearly perfect complete 88-89 blue bench at a junkyard in Alberta, Canada.
I got lucky. My father in law had new front seats and center console installed before I got the truck.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also does the new dash come with the back piece that you screw the oem radio too?

So that piece was in the truck in the original dash an we just cleaned an dyed it to match with the new stuff.

Yes all the framework/mounts are in the dash shell like factory.

I run a small custom shop now an this was an install we did for a customer. I wanted to post a good review for people about because we get alot of calls about replacing the 88-94 dash...

Hydrated

Reaction score
Because a lot of their products are junk. Sold as OEM replacement but not even close. Certain items they sell are close. Like that dash looks OEM to me. But check out this seat fabric I bought from them compared to an original I ended up finding. Not even close.

Where can we find these parts? I bought a single owner '92 C1500 about a year ago from the proverbial little old man who only drove it to church on Sundays... everything works right down to the cruise control and ice cold A/C!

About the only things that need attention are the dash (it's got cracks with chunks falling out) and the paint.

But I have a hard time finding the little stuff that needs replacing... can you steer me to some good vendors?

89GMC4by

Reaction score
Haven’t started on my dash yet, still debating spending the money just so I can have the tabs back to mount the radio, or just slap a cubby hole where it used to be and keep the center mounted radio. Anyone know where I can get one of those cubby holes?

But if anyone’s interested I did install the passenger side door panels yesterday. Most of the parts came from rock auto but I did have to get the switch bezel covers from lmc.
Rock auto said three weeks for the panels because the maker dyes them when you order, but I got them in about a week.
Their not an exact match as everyone with the 88-89’ door panels knows their impossible to find but I think they look pretty darn good for the price.

Oddly enough the door panels match the lmc seat cover really well. Guess they will be the color of the inside of my truck.