New outside mirrors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
I have a set of non power tow mirrors on mine like the newer Silverados have, and they’re available for the 88-98’s, no mods necessary.
You must be registered for see images attach
I didn’t have to remove the door panels to install them, just the triangular plastic piece.

bowtie-72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the SS style mirrors on mine that were made by Street Scene. I got them from Summit. They are decent quality and didn’t cost a fortune. Not power though. I know on the early trucks like mine, you have to pull the door panel because that triangular piece is one piece with the panel.

bowtie-72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I installed a pair of dodge ram mirrors on my 88 GMC dually. Better than the GM aftermarket mirror options that are available.

Looks good man! I can’t believe those Dodge mirrors fit that good. I guess that dent on your A pillar had something to do with your mirror replacement. LOL.

Frank Compagnon

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good man! I can’t believe those Dodge mirrors fit that good. I guess that dent on your A pillar had something to do with your mirror replacement. LOL.

They were easy to install, I used short pieces of pex pipe to act as bushings/spacers. I cut out a cardboard template of both mirror mounting holes and positioned the dodge one over the gm one and wallah, had to make the holes bigger but no big deal. And used some foam stripping to fill the gaps. That truck was used on a farm in Langly BC for 22 years, its an 88 with a 86 454 th400, the body is in pretty good shape, except for the usual farm body damage, but the frame is in really good condition, it has 220,000 KMs on it. The only real things not working that I will be trying to get working is the AC and cruise control, power windows and locks work good.