new old schooler here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PWC Repair

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've just found this forum as I've recently aquired a GMT400 series truck. I've been hem-hawing around for a couple years now about a dually for pulling the S10 show truck. Seems like the 'OBS' truck prices are going up and 2wd duallys around me are beat junk. My wife recently found a good one on Marketplace so here I am. It's a '94 extended cab 2wd Silverado with a 454. Loaded out, no rust, buckets with a console, posi rear, even a power drivers seat. It has 184000 miles and I've only started it once for about 15 seconds (fuel pump is out) but oil pressure was good, no funny noises, no smoke. I've got a laundry list of maintenance to go through before putting it on the road......then the modifyling will begin. I'll make a build thread and update it as I go.

Attachments

• dually left.jpg
    dually left.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 45
  • dually right.jpg
    dually right.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 45

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Houston, Texas!
I have recently acquired an 8 lugger myself, '97 C3500 crew cab long bed, to do truck things and haul what my Burb can't (or I don't want to put in the back of it). These are good trucks, and getting harder to find nice examples of.

PWC Repair

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome.
What's the modification plans?
After I get it road worthy and put a few miles on I'm going to switch out the 4:56 gears to some 3:73 while adding rear disc at the same time. Then a good static drop, 4/6 or something. Obviously I'll need a huge old school sound system. And later some custom paint with 90's flair.
Nice find. That's a heck of a front bumper! Lol
Man it sure is. What you can't really see well is the extra steel they added to the bottom to look like the oem airdam. Planning on trading it to an offroad guy for a good straight stocker with airdam.

Here's an interior shot.

Attachments

• IMG_1980[1].JPG
    IMG_1980[1].JPG
    283.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
After I get it road worthy and put a few miles on I'm going to switch out the 4:56 gears to some 3:73 while adding rear disc at the same time. Then a good static drop, 4/6 or something. Obviously I'll need a huge old school sound system. And later some custom paint with 90's flair.

Man it sure is. What you can't really see well is the extra steel they added to the bottom to look like the oem airdam. Planning on trading it to an offroad guy for a good straight stocker with airdam.

Here's an interior shot.
Nice!!! I dig the front bumper too....very intimidating!