New member with 1990 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After browsing several 4x4 forums this site seems like a great fit with a lot of knowledgeable people. I hope to learn from others here and look forward to a positive experience.

A little about me.....I've owned my 1990 K1500 for over 25 years and it mostly sits in the garage under a cover. I live in West Michigan about 1 hour South of Silver Lake state park if anyone is familiar with the sand dunes there. About 17 years ago I wanted more power and pulled the stock 5.7 out in favor of a LT1 crate engine. Back then HP tuners wasn't available so I used Accel's DFI stand alone computer and harness. With an Auburn posi and built 700-4R it has served me well but having done a couple LS based builds in the last few years I have the bug. I am currently acquiring parts needed for a 5.3 ls turbo build. The goal is to have a quiet, fairly smooth running engine with 600 hp at the wheels. I have a super clean 5.3 ready to go and now I'm on the hunt for a used pre 2004 4L80e. If anyone has a lead let me know. Thanks for looking.