New member, "old" Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello all! Boy am I glad to have found this site. I was previously a member of the FSC (Full Size Chevy) forums, and that was a nice group but there was still a limited number of owners/drivers of GMT400 trucks... especially the 3/4 ton variants.

I have a 1995 Suburban C2500 (7.4L, 4:10 gears) towing machine, purchased in 2015 for the specific purpose of towing our 32' RV travel trailer. It does a great job in that area! The 3/4 ton Suburbans always appealed to me, because of their towing power and passenger capacity (family of 5). I am only the 2nd owner of this one, the first bought it new and babied it. It had 98k miles when I bought it, and now has around 114k.

As this truck has become my daily driver and various small issues started popping up, it only took me a couple rip-off trips to my local mechanic to realize that I need to find a group and figure this stuff out myself. Looking forward to reading and sharing!

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Welcome! I also have a '95 Suburban,it's a 2500 and modified a little and is just the way I want it now.Going on 275,00 miles and has only let me down once and that was because of a wire laying on an exhaust manifold and grounding out the fuel pump.I towed a 21' toy hauler loaded to 8,000 lbs. for ten years without issue,cruised at 65 nicely.Fun off road also(4x4).The OBDII Burbs have a little more power but this one works OK for me.

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome(s) everyone!

Welcome! I also have a '95 Suburban,it's a 2500 and modified a little and is just the way I want it now.Going on 275,00 miles and has only let me down once and that was because of a wire laying on an exhaust manifold and grounding out the fuel pump.

And that's what I have heard from others... these trucks will run forever as long as they are properly maintained and the small stuff is taken care of along the way. I am having this stubborn rough idle / cold engine problem (not really cold, but gauge shows that and it acts that way) that I can't figure out, which is one reason I sought out this forum. I posted that in this separate thread.

Here's a couple photos of the Burb and trailer. Front windows are tinted now to match the factory rears, which looks great with the white.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: