New member need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PhilH2000

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Cadillac Escalade that for some reason only holds 8-10 gallons of fuel. Recently purchased the vehicle and getting tired of filling up every other day. Any ideas?

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a similar problem on a 96 I owned and the vent for the gas tank was plugged or not working. I have no idea what fixes it because I didn't work on my own vehicles at that point and took it somewhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
x2 on the Evap system.

Gasoline vapors in the tank are vented to a charcoal canister near the radiator. They’re stored there and later sent to the intake to be burned. In the “old days”, the vapors vented to atmosphere. If the evaporative emissions system has an issue, there’s no place for the vapors to go so the gas pump nozzle senses a full tank and shuts off.

Try holding the pump nozzle out a bit, creating a gap for the vapors to vent.

Do you have any codes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a customer that couldn't get gas to go into her car a few years ago ,Ford Escape I believe, It turned out to be a spider's nest in the vent line. I removed the filler & vent hoses to find it and just blew it out with a compressor. I would be careful about using to much compressed air in the lines without removing or at least disconnecting them from the tank.

BTW welcome aboard.

PhilH2000

Reaction score
x2 on the Evap system.

Gasoline vapors in the tank are vented to a charcoal canister near the radiator. They’re stored there and later sent to the intake to be burned. In the “old days”, the vapors vented to atmosphere. If the evaporative emissions system has an issue, there’s no place for the vapors to go so the gas pump nozzle senses a full tank and shuts off.

Try holding the pump nozzle out a bit, creating a gap for the vapors to vent.

Do you have any codes?

Nothing but an O2 sensor code