New member having having tranny issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevy1994

Reaction score
I have a 94 gmt-400 and I believe I am having transmission problems but don't know what's causing it. Think a sensor/solenoid but not sure which one any ways problem is, I can if I accelerate nicely I don't shift till 20 - 35 depending on when I let of the pedal but I cannot shift until 20 mph. And after that shift I have to ease into the gas until 50 mph or it will redline like it doesn't know what gear it's in. And if I take off aggressively I will shoot up to 35 in a matter of couple seconds and redline and then I have to let off to shift, but then I have to ease into the pedal till 50 and then I can do what ever I want but the acceleration isn't what it was before this problem once it's past 35 mph. I believe shift solenoid but not sure if it's 1-2 or 2-3 don't think the tranny is going bad I've had this problem for a while, I just can't seem to figure it out.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably worth it to take it to a reputable transmission shop. If it is shot and the rest of the truck is good it is worth the money to get it done. Welcome aboard.