New Member from RI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just bought a new to me 2000 CCLB DRW, and figured I ought to join the forum. It’s a 7.4L 4L80E with 112k on the clock. The truck will be used mostly for towing my camper, replacing my aging 02 S10 ZR2. I’ve owned various Chevys over the years, including my 87 S10 Blazer under the knife with a LQ4/4L80E swap.

The truck is currently in FL, and I have yet to see it. I’m flying down there and driving it home in 10 days so I’ll get some pictures of it on here after that.

Once home, I’ll be replacing things here and there to make sure it’s go to go. First up will be a tune up and complete flush of the fluids. Then I need to find a replacement for the factory hitch that was removed. Also on the list is a Tekonsha P3, GMT800 trailer wiring and 4pin/7blade combo plug, then Bilstien 4600s. Once it’s warm enough here to go junkyard hunting, I hope to get the S10 DIC for the OHC and maybe the Escalade cluster.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
Welcome from Ma. J.Perrys garage in taunton ma is a good place to look for parts he only does chevy /gmc

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. MA resident here. Like mentioned above. J Perry Garage usually has a few dozen trucks/SUVs on hand that he parts out. He also has a Facebook page.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on the parts. I’ll have to reach out to them.