New Member from Coastal Georgia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
I stumbled upon this forum while looking for some info about some questions I had about my relatively new truck purchase.

Here's the Backstory

In 1994 I was 26 yo living the single life and making the best of it. My first big boy purchase was a brand new '94 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab Z71 (Indigo Metallic over Light Autumnwood) with tan interior. I remember I paid $24K, out the door. That truck was awesome! I upgraded the soundsystem with Alpine CD and amp, Infinity speakers, and custom built box with two Rockford Fosgate 8" woofers under the under back seat (driver's side). I loved that truck! I drove the truck for about 3.5 years and saw a sports car that I absolutely thought I had to have. I traded the truck for the sports car and after about a month, I deeply regretted my decision. I then traded the car for a '98 Ford F150 single cab 2WD that would get stuck on wet grass.

Fast forward

I have been seriously looking for a GMT400 for at least the last decade or so. One popped up on eBay that caught my eye just before Christmas of 2020. It was a 1994 GMC Sierra SLE Ext Cab Z71 in Victory/Fire Red. The truck was a one owner with only 52,00 original miles. I asked my wife if I could look up the sellers and have a chat. We talked, I made an offer, and next thing you know I'm the owner of my new truck. My wife and I drove to Alabama and I picked it up the week before Christmas.

Our son is a junior at The University of Georgia and this color is a perfect match for us diehard UGA fans! Go Dawgs! I call it the "G Wagon".

There is nothing major I need to do this truck. It's really a time capsule. I have cleaned up some rust on the underside with a rust sealer. I'll continue to do that and clean up and paint the frame rails underneath. I have new Bilstein shocks and rear leaf spring U bolts to be installed soon. I want to upgrade the sound system with a Retrosound head unit and new speakers. Other than dual exhaust put on by the original owner, everything else is stock.

I teach HS Physics in the town of Brunswick, GA. I'm located about halfway between Savannah, GA and JAX, FL. I've attached a pic of me and the truck on the day I picked it up.

I'll be posting more pics in the Member's Trucks thread soon. Take care and God bless!

"K" Hall

Attachments

• IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    515 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
In 99, I almost bought a Z71 tahoe new. Ive gone over it before a few times i believe. Very close to buying a 21 or 22 Z71 Tahoe or 'Burb, they just look good. I had my big boy pants on in 95, trying to buy a half decent car for sale, I found a 80s Caprice Classic that I put a massive stereo system in. Dual subs and 10 speakers, no amps though