New member and new ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just joined because I picked up a 99 Chevy Suburban yesterday. I love the OBS trucks I used to have a 2000 K2500 that I sold for a 2005 Silverado but now due to a growing family I wanted a Suburban. I found this one for sale locally it has 147,000 on the Odometer but 9,000 on an engine rebuild. Drove it 50 miles home and from what I can tell the trans shifts really good. The previous owner replaced the tank with new pump and lines recently and has all hoses and the radiator replaced with the rebuild. He threw in a new driver side barn door to replace the rusty one that's on there. So far what I can tell is it needs tires and an alignment (maybe some suspension work but hard to tell with worn tires and alignment off), A/C needs a recharge, theres a leaking coolant by pass cap on the radiator and wipers. There are 2 things that I have to look more into which is the 4wd button isn't always lit up (it was lit up for part of the ride then went out and when I hit a bump it came back on) not sure if that's a new switch needed or what. It seemed like it engaged 4wd and then back to 2wd when it wasn't lit up and I tried it. Also on the way home it rained and some water came in from the driver side behind the trim between the door and windshield so I want to see where that is coming from. Overall I hope to have a strong running Suburban for the family to take on trips.
You must be registered for see images attach

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya once I get it all running good and I am confident that it can take long road trips I may start on some of the cosmetic issues it has.

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I decided to take off the black wind deflector that was broken on the bottom of the bumper. I like the way it looks without it makes it seem like it has a nicer stance.