New guy SC with 89 Scottsdale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ben2go

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to buy my friend's 89 Scottsdale 2500 std cab long bed truck for nearly 15 years. My son bought it out from under me. LOL I helped my friend install a new 5.7 in the truck around spring 1996. The truck had 185,000 miles then. It's closing in on 290,000 miles. My friend bought the truck from the original owner. The PO ran it low on oil and spun a bearing on the OE engine. That's why replaced the engine.

As far as me, I was an ASE auto tech from 1993-2001. I was employed with several locally-owned shops. Of course, with GM quality I rarely did more than general service work on their vehicles. I worked doing bodywork, 4x4 stuff, and old hot rods. I've built a number of vehicles for myself as well as the various vehicles that passed through the shops I've worked at. Due to my own bad body and health, I've stepped away from auto work. Now I help my son when he works on his truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

ben2go

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score