New guy, just want to see some static drops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No its not leather LOL, too expensive as it was and they are the original seats that came in the truck which were that awful red color. Someone before me changed the color to the grey you see now, which I found a spray fabric and vinyl that matches great with what whoever did it with, its by Rust-oleum Satin jn dark grey, I used it already on the armrests and it looks like new :biggrin:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rust-Ole...=sem&msclkid=9de5ab17916214f92f8ef7d4b98696f7

rojas84

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, not at all actually the backspacing is perfect for deep drops on this body style the front wheels are 22x9’s with 5” of backspacing with a 245/30 tire and the rears are 22x11’s with 6.75” backspacing with a 285/35 tire..I can do a Complete U Turn lock to lock with no rub..the Tubbed and pulled fenders also help..the frame However is a different story, Four door Tahoe’s don’t like being low and the frame scrapes more than I’d like..at the moment it’s sitting on a 6/9 static drop
You must be registered for see images attach
Can u post pics of the tubs??

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have since bought some junk yard seat bases/risers and I cut 1.5" out of the middle of them, then welded them back together. Now I sit like a true lowrider should LOL. In thruth I love the way I sit in the truck now, mucho better !!!!!!:cool:

The Burban

Reaction score
It’s a 5/8 static sitting on frame but I eventually put bags and air shocks

rojas84

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My junk at 5/7

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

STATIK_LOW

Reaction score
Can u post pics of the tubs??

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
I sure can brotha, I’ll have to get a few pictures of them. My tubs are an interesting setup..I was able to keep my battery and overflow reservoir in the factory location on the passenger side which surprises alot of people and the driver side all I had to do was fabricate a bracket for the ECM and your done..I highly recommend you go with a hood strut kit or you’ll have to compensate for those bulky GM hood hinges and all they’re travel..MmHmm (something I learned the hard way) but overall we did it in a weekend and it gave me LOTS! of clearance and it’s relatively straight forward stuff..also your Ext Cab stepside looks awesome!! That looks way low for a 5/7 drop
I haven’t really driven the Tahoe in about 2 months I’d have to do some dusting lol before I post pics I’ve been working on my new daily a soon to be a 6/10 dropped black AWD Silverado SS so pretty excited about that..but that’s for another forum