New guy, just want to see some static drops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoJo2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DJM 5/7 with 1" lift shackles. It sat too low in the rear in relation to the front.
You must be registered for see images attach

Do you have 2” drop hangers on it? Trying to figure out why you put a lift shackle on. The flip is only good for 6”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan Hay

Reaction score
Do you have 2” drop hangers on it? Trying to figure out why you put a lift shackle on. The flip is only good for 6”.

I only did the flip kit, and mine dropped more than six. It sat lower in the rear than the front, and I don't like that. I prefer a hound dog stance with the nose down so I lifted the rear 1" with shackles, and raised it a bit more with bigger tires. Here is a pic of before the 1" lift and tire change.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I only did the flip kit, and mine dropped more than six. It sat lower in the rear than the front, and I don't like that. I prefer a hound dog stance with the nose down so I lifted the rear 1" with shackles, and raised it a bit more with bigger tires. Here is a pic of before the 1" lift and tire change.

JUst me, but I would of left the rear as it was & then cut 1/2 a coil outa the front for an additional 1" drop to level it out.

RoJo2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I had a similar issue and it ended up that the previous owner had put a 2” drop shackle on the truck which caused my 6” drop to be an 8” drop. Once I figured that out, I put a factory shackle back on it and was to my liking.

Before:

After:

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally sitting level! C3500 diesel front springs with 1 coil cut, Chevy express 3500 diesel front shocks, DJM 2" drop spindles, DJM axle flip, NBS rear bump stops, Ridetech rear coilover single adjustable shocks (with no springs), custom shock relocation brackets, custom short rear swaybar links, General Spring KC 2200 lb leaf springs, and belltech 1" drop shackles.

Still need to figure out if there is anything I can do to correct the reverse ackerman on the front, which is a problem all GMT400s seem to have. Eventually there will be Ridetech shocks up front as well. I have not installed the C notch in the rear as I have to make a new exhaust over the axle before I have space for that, but eventually I will do that to get some more travel in the rear. It only has around 1.5" of bump travel right now, but the progressive GMT800 bump stops and very stiff springs make it acceptable for the moment. I'll also be adding some kind of air bags in the rear since I do a lot of hauling with this thing.

Impala SS wheels on it with 275/55r17 tires on it right now. Looking at eventually going to 20" VN507 Rodders, but I'm still on the fence as to if that's too big. Too bad there aren't any good 19" choices out there in 5x5.

You must be registered for see images

LD68

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine on the ground, sitting at about 4.5/7 at the moment. DJM spindles and cut stock springs in front, Belltech flip with shackles in back. Have to clearance rear lips for my 275/55/17 tires on 17x9.5 wheel...it will rub. Will also have to trim gutters on LCA in front, the 17x8s touch a little. Work in progress, gonna leave the chrome on, everybody is color matched...

Last edited:

DanB

Reaction score
Does any company make a 3/5 drop? (red truck is a 3-5)
Ive seen lots of 4/6. I know you still need to C-notch for a 5" drop in the rear.

My issue is that with some 4/6 kits, there can be good rake. As in, the ass end sits up slightly (see the black truck pic. Also my inspiration!)

Some other kits, it looks like the ass end sags and sits lower. Which is what I don't want.

You can see my driveway and my 1990 sport. its slanted. So I can't go too low or risk issues scrapping the driveway going in and out.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does any company make a 3/5 drop? (red truck is a 3-5)
Ive seen lots of 4/6. I know you still need to C-notch for a 5" drop in the rear.

My issue is that with some 4/6 kits, there can be good rake. As in, the ass end sits up slightly (see the black truck pic. Also my inspiration!)

Some other kits, it looks like the ass end sags and sits lower. Which is what I don't want.

You can see my driveway and my 1990 sport. its slanted. So I can't go too low or risk issues scrapping the driveway going in and out.
Maxtrac is the only company that I know of that makes one. But you can make one by just using a lift shackle for a 6 inch flip.