new guy here. Curious about different gauge clusters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
Just bought a 1990 short box. It's an Arizona truck and I'm the third owner.

It has what I consider "ugly" gauges. I kind of would like to stay with a factory style gauge. What are my options? Currently my temp gauge does not work. If I ground the sensor wire,the gauge only moves a tiny bit. And the oil pressure gauge bounces around a lot. A quick search shows gauges are in the $60 to $70 each range.

Thanks in advance!

Ken

EDIT: Maybe this should be in the interior section?

Last edited:

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Ugly indeed. I've swapped every one of our pre 1990.5 trucks to the unicorn 1990.5 cluster, which was essentially the same display as the 1991 through 1994 trucks- needles with a tach (optional). Its almost a direct swap, you need to add a signal wire for the tach and move a few wires in the harness around. Those clusters are becoming quite rare though. Another option I think is possible is a cluster from a GM Kodiak truck. I haven't verified it with hands on experience yet but those had needles and were also available with a tach. Maybe someone else on here has some experience with those..