New guy here, 1990 gauge cluster options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
Just bought a 1990 short box. It's an Arizona truck and I'm the third owner.

It has what I consider "ugly" gauges. I kind of would like to stay with a factory style gauge. What are my options? Currently my temp gauge does not work. If I ground the sensor wire,the gauge only moves a tiny bit. And the oil pressure gauge bounces around a lot. A quick search shows gauges are in the $60 to $70 each range.

I guess for now I'd just like to get it working so I can drive it without worry untill I make a permanent decision on what I want to do. Don't really want to hang an aftermarket gauge on it.

Thanks in advance!

Ken

studigggs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The moonies grow on you. Pretty classic 80s style. Rockauto, lmc ebay are all good sources.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
Ya, I don't hate them but wish it had a tachometer.

I'm the third owner. Fairly well equipped with power windows and locks, cruise control. Bench seat. Red inside and out. The previous owner added headers with 2 into 1 back to duel outlets. Sounds surprisingly good. Lowering spindles in front and shackles in back.

Ken