New Guy from WV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darrin

Reaction score
To start this is my 1st gmt400, I do have plans for it but it will be a long road to complete. Coaching my daughter's travel softball team takes up a lot of time and money. With that said here we go!

Got the truck as a payment for installing an engine in an '87 chevy. It's a 1994 K2500 ECLB 5.7 with 4l80e 4x4
Has 300k on it but the engine runs great.
Trans needs rebuilt or replace, I found a deal for a whole '95 suburban with a jasper remanufacture with 110k. The engine in it has a blown head gasket or cracked head due to the water pump failing.Bought the whole vehicle and my plans are to clean everything up and swap into my truck.
Plans down the road are simple 3" lift and possibly 33s (not 100% sure what size I really want to do just yet)
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome.
You are probably going to run into issues with that swap.
'95 is the unicorn when it comes to these trucks. The red-headed step-child when to comes to part interchangeability with the other years.
I'm no expert on the differences, but I do know that they have a one-year-only transmission, (Specific wiring & connections) along with other 'quirks', such as not being OBD-I nor OBD-II. Some call them an OBD-I.5, which ties back into that transmission.
Not saying it can't be done, but most go the other way, which is to swap a '95's transmission for any other year of 400's with the associated wiring & connections instead.
But like I say, I'm no expert on the specifics.
Just know enough not to mess with '95's! Lol!