New guy from Va

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocky454SS

Reaction score
I can not believe I am just now finding this site! My name is Rocky I have been a GM guy since birth. Recently I was finally able to buy one of my dream trucks. The 454SS! It is a 91 model. She needs a little love but not bad so far. I joined NATC but that place seems almost dead now.
A little about me. I have been wrenching since I could pick a wrench up. I am always tinkering with something. I have a little over 20 years under my belt of being a professional Technician and can’t wait to turn it back into a hobby.
My current list is the 1991 454SS (new to me), 2000 Camaro Z28 pretty much just finished and have been thinking about selling to speed up the 454, 2011 Silverado my current daily.
I look forward to getting full access to this site, learning, sharing my knowledge and finding some needed parts. I will try to post some pictures soon and get my build thread started.

Rocky454SS

Reaction score
The Camaro and Silverado. I don't want to junk it up with pictures but I have more if you really want to see them too.

You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I'll have to do some strips on my truck Ha Ha. Nice rides!!!

Rocky454SS

Reaction score
Thanks. I am planning on going back to all black. Only thing I am planning on doing is roll pan better mirrors And a cowl hood. Then fix the suspension. It was a hack lowering job. Then drive the wheels off of her until the motor goes. Should have plenty of time to decide what I want to do when that happens. That’s a clean looking truck you have. I can’t wait for mine to look like that up close

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks. I have a lot of work, and time in my 97. I had it painted in 2013. It gets a lot of attention. The pics don't do it justice. Here is a little better pic of the shine. That SS has a lot of potential. To be honest, I would do away with the strips on the SS too.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can not believe I am just now finding this site! My name is Rocky I have been a GM guy since birth. Recently I was finally able to buy one of my dream trucks. The 454SS! It is a 91 model. She needs a little love but not bad so far. I joined NATC but that place seems almost dead now.
A little about me. I have been wrenching since I could pick a wrench up. I am always tinkering with something. I have a little over 20 years under my belt of being a professional Technician and can’t wait to turn it back into a hobby.
My current list is the 1991 454SS (new to me), 2000 Camaro Z28 pretty much just finished and have been thinking about selling to speed up the 454, 2011 Silverado my current daily.
I look forward to getting full access to this site, learning, sharing my knowledge and finding some needed parts. I will try to post some pictures soon and get my build thread started.
Welcome to the forum.

Rocky454SS

Reaction score
Thank you both. What companies are out there for stock and aftermarket parts? I already have a LMC catalog.