New guy from PA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thought I might introduce myself before asking a bunch of questions about my "new" old truck. I'm from central Pa. Just acquired my old 94 Z-71 pickup I had bought new. I had babied it for 13 years, no winter driving, no mud, just nice days since I had a company vehicle. My daughter and her hubby from Atlanta called one day and asked if I'd sell them the green truck. I really didn't want to part with it but the wife insisted since they lived so far away and I don't get to help them out much like the two closer kids. They bought it and off to Atlanta it went for about 9 years. He was transferred to Boise, Idaho and they relocated there 3 or 4 years ago and truck went to Idaho. He's not a car guy and last Christmas when we were out I saw old "greenie" sitting in the drive, new truck in garage. I asked what was up? Greenie won't start, clutch is shot, pops out of 4th gear all the time. It's junk they said. Well being from the rust belt I decided to take a closer look. Truck was still solid as day one! Seat had cover since he bought it, I looked and it was near perfect. Lots of dings and brush marks down sides as he's an avid hunter. Original rims and clearcoat still very nice on them. Good K02's on it. I said what do you want for it? They decided I could have it since they weren't going to fix it. So I arranged shipping and it arrived Wednesday. Put charger on it and after work hit key and it cranked but no fire. Tried again pushing gas pedal down about a fourth of the way and truck started up! Took a short ride up and down our rural road, clutch is shot but was still able to drive it ok. And I noticed the 4th gear issue. So I'm planning on replacing the clutch, fixing the tranny, figuring out the starting issue and just a good overall cleanup. I buffed a tiny area on side and it'll clean up like new! I've done a pile of reading on this site since Wedneday night and soon I'll be asking some questions. Some might be in the dumb question section, Seems like a lot of good information on this site. The picture I added is from before I sold it. I'm hoping to get it back to looking good again. Retirement is only a few years away and then no more company vehicle. Anyways, sorry for the long introduction but nice to be here.

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. I've ordered some parts from RockAuto to get things rolling. Should be here early next week. I'll try to post up some helpful info along the way of my progress.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:welcome:

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is definitely the place for questions. If you can't get the answer here you are breaking new ground. Welcome to the forum.