New guy from Delaware

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UglyTruck

Reaction score
My name is Adam, and I have a 1997 4 door Tahoe that I've named Project: Ugly Truck. It's red and all of the clear coat is degrading away, leaving a white line across the body. I bought it from the shop I work at after the previous owner tried to do his own oil change, and couldn't get the filter loose. He damaged the filter, allowing it to leak. He wrapped duct take around it and tried to drive it to the shop. He didn't make it.

When I bought it, the transmission was a 6 month old GM replacement trans. I found another engine and did a rebuild on it. It still had hash marks in the cylinders, so I did a hone job, replaced all the bearings and got the cylinder heads re-done.

Besides the engine, I've done new stainless brake lines and hoses, pulled the dash and fixed the broken mode doors and several other repairs to make it a better, more comfortable ride. I found a decent deal on some 20" newer body style OEM Tahoe wheels to give it a better look.

Thanks for having me.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:welcome:

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for saving that 400 from someone who clearly didn't know how to take good care of it!