New guy 88 RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racerxxx

Reaction score
Right side is off. Wire brushed the frame, sprayed it with Eastwood extreme chassis black primer, then sprayed the left side with Eastwood gloss chassis black . I think someone was in the front of this truck before. It has all standard light duty brakes. I swear it had the F44 option. Well, I have the HD brakes now anyway, lol. All the ball joints are smoked which I knew because this thing wanders from yellow line to white line. Never saw this before, a mouse caught in the caliper. Poor guy, never stood a chance. Going to start the reassembly tomorrow. Can't find my pitman arm puller, even that was smoked. Not gonna know what to do, it's gonna ride like a dream and actually steer when I tell it to.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Racerxxx

Reaction score
Started to reassemble. Hit a snag. Anyone run into the front socks not fitting thru the bottom on the control arm? The top of the shock didn't fit. I'm using the Belltech Street Performer shocks. Do I really need to remove that, put it inside the spring, then install the spring? Then reassemble the shock? And do you have to shorten any of the tie rods?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Lol! That had me shaking my head trying to get mine to fit in through the lower control arm, too.
The 'tech' @ B/T was no help either.
"Those are the right part #'s. They should fit."
What they don't tell you is that you have to remove the upper tube/shaft cover. It's not used on these trucks.
It's been a while & I can't remember if they just spin off or if there's some kind of lock or nut on the top which has to be removed.
I integrated those upper covers into part of a wind-chime.

Racerxxx

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. Work has been busy as all get out and I was out of town for work for a few weeks. Getting every so closer.

Got a stainless hose kit for the soft lines, need to replace the hardlines on the rear while I'm in there. Wire wheeled the frame and hit it with Eastwood chassis black primer and their gloss chassis black paint. Looks good I think. Also replaced all the cab mount bushings and fixed the rusted cab mounts. One was all the way thru and the other 3 were a few months behind. Just installed a Curt hitch for a roll pan. I'm leaving the rear bumper so I'll mod my bumper and license plate and put a flip up on it or just throw it in the back window when I tow. Not sure if my boat will sag it or not. Maybe just the seadoo's will get pulled by this truck. Need to clean up the sway bar and install that too. Also, got my wheels. 20x8 up front and 20x9.5 in the rear. Hope to order tires this week. Then see how much I need to mod the wheel arches. Can't wait to finish. Hopefully another 2 weeks and I'll be back behind the wheel.

Last edited:

Racerxxx

Reaction score
Ok, finally she's all wrapped up. So, photo dump it is.

Racerxxx

Reaction score
Here she is with the wheels. Took the pics in front of the barn at my parents place. It makes for a cool back drop

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here she is with the wheels. Took the pics in front of the barn at my parents place. It makes for a cool back drop

Looks really good.
Gotta ask though, what's with the front plate?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
4/6 Drop correct? truck looks good.
Yes it does! Wish I could get my Burb looking like this. But no way it can be lowered much with Houston area crappy roads. At stock height I came out of a parking lot yesterday and hit the trailer hitch. Womped it HARD, the shock went through the whole truck. But no damage, thankfully!