New guy 88 RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racerxxx

Reaction score
Back at again. Trying to wrap up the powder. When I bead blasted the Belltech parts you could see the rust underneath the paint they put on. I believe they call it powder coat but it came off like paint. I just want to try and keep this stuff from rusting as long as I can. So bead blasted them and softened the edges rather than the sharp sheared edges. It's turning out really good. Love that mirror finish.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

10mm Nut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check your brake caliper fitment on the DJM spindles before you shoot powder on them. I've installed two sets of them and they both required some sanding with a flap wheel to get the brake caliper to mount to the spindle.

Racerxxx

Reaction score
Check your brake caliper fitment on the DJM spindles before you shoot powder on them. I've installed two sets of them and they both required some sanding with a flap wheel to get the brake caliper to mount to the spindle.
Too late, lol. I'm ordering new calipers tonight anyway. Guess I'll deal with that at install. Thanks for the heads up though, appreciate it!

Racerxxx

Reaction score
One spindle is finished, the other one is still in the oven. Hardest part is masking off.

Last edited:

Racerxxx

Reaction score
Getting ever so closer. Ordered new calipers and rear shackles since mine look not so easy on the eyes. Also ordered front leaf spring bushings. So all the suspension less the rear springs will be new. Got one backing plate done tonight. The other is bead blasted, just need to out gas it and check for oil that burns off then powder it.

Racerxxx

Reaction score
More parts arriving. Got my new power stop calipers today. They should look nice poking thru my wheels. Waiting on new rear shackles and leaf spring bushings and I should be ready to start deconstruction. Need to find out exactly what master cylinder for the nbs upgrade and associated fittings. Started reading that thread last night but it seemed to quickly go to hydro boost. That would be a great upgrade but not right now. Would rather throw money at a rear disc brake conversion.

Last edited:

Racerxxx

Reaction score
Lower ball joints not moving, ✓
Tig welded in ✓

Good to go. Getting ready to go under the knife really soon.

Racerxxx

Reaction score
Using some time off from work today. Was snowing out so I bagged work today and tomorrow. Brought the truck into my shop yesterday before the snow started. Got her up in the air and starting the deconstruction! These parts are worn out.