New fuel pump not working??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You either have a bad pump or an electrical problem. Check for 12V+ and ground at the connector. Maybe you are somehow losing power?

I think you can also do an amp draw when the pump is running. @Schurkey has mentioned how much power a pump should be drawing. Is it around 6-ish amps?

How did you determine your old pump was bad? Do you still have the old pump?

jrfinchen1

Reaction score
This. If you hipshot a good pump, then whatever is really wrong is still wrong.
Getting little to no gas on acceleration, very low fuel pressure, and rough fuel pump priming, It was also the original pump to the truck. Everything else seemed to be In operational condition.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't change an electric fuel pump without first testing the voltage (as near to the pump as practical, supply and ground) and the amperage draw. The pump must be running.

Sometimes "fuel pump" problems are really electrical-supply problems.

rpoL98

Reaction score
might be normal. I have a fuel pressure gauge at my fuel rail inlet. when I replaced my fuel pump, I did have to prime it about 3 times before it showed any pressure at the fuel rail. and I did change the filter, actually swapped out the whole fuel pump hanger, sending unit assembly.

works fine now.