New fuel pump not working??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrfinchen1

Reaction score
I just replaced the fuel pump in my 1992 k1500 5.7. Install was easy and I double and triple checked everything every hose and connection. As I half turn the key for it to “prime” it would for the first 2 seconds then the pump would stop. I removed the filter and tried to see if it would bring gas to the line and It would not. What is the issue? Bad fuel pump out of box? The fuel pump I used was a Delphi, it was the closest in quality to an AC Delco but no store around me had them in stock.
You must be registered for see images attach

jrfinchen1

Reaction score
What could it be by chance? When you turn the kay the gas gauge stays on empty even after we put about 7 gallons in it. Gas doesn't seem to even be getting to the filter.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is you suction tube long enough? Did you check that by measuring the depth of your tank and adjusting the height of the suction sock?

jrfinchen1

Reaction score
Is you suction tube long enough? Did you check that by measuring the depth of your tank and adjusting the height of the suction sock?
I'm not sure if I quite checked that. I assumed it would have all been the same length if I replaced it with an OEM pump. Is the suction tube the hose that goes from the top of the physical fuel pump to the assembly and is the suction sock the small mesh filter on the very bottom of the fuel pump?