New engine suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motorgod0

Reaction score
Thank you all for your input. I’m still debating on what to do. There is a lot of information and a lot of advice out there. I did stop by one of our local machine shops and a local garage. Both places have done LS swaps. After some time with each place the consensus was to use a 6.0 LS engine or possibly a LQ4 engine. I got lost somewhere in the talking about the engine and researching. I thought those two engines were essentially the same thing. But I’m no master mechanic I’m just a hobbyist. Either way they recommended also replacing the transmission to a 4l80e and re-gearing the differential. They said that motor would tear up what I have in it now. I read both yes and no on that. I haven’t made any hard decisions yet. I would like someinput/thoughts on the shopsrecommendations.

Motorgod0

Reaction score
I have a carbureted big block swapped k1500 Snow plow truck and from my experience the torque is fantastic! But the carb sucks. The only reason its still on there is because its only purpose in life is to push snow off my driveway. If it was a commercial plow truck, I'd swap a stand-alone EFI setup like previously mentioned.

Go 454 with any EFI of your choice, I think Fi-Tech is still the be bang for your buck but I know Edelbrock and Holly are closing the gap and have more options.
Thank you