New Dorman and Cardone master cylinders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well its only a buck or 2 more than the raybestos. Both of which are gonna be seperate shipping. I might as well go for the delco.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What about the Raybestos one, or are all of em made in the same place with varying degrees of quality and packed in the appropriate box.

In the image a few posts up, the Raybestos and Delco parts look to be using the same images.

Probably the same overseas manufacturer, just a different box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Most new parts that were typically only available rebuilt through parts stores are chinese produced. Dealer parts could be new and from the US/Canada/Mexico, but AC Delco aren't just dealer parts, they have an aftermarket line. Plus, with as old as these trucks are now, less and less effort is put into making quality available.

My new Chinese water pump, branded as a Gates, seems to be doing fine. The Chinese CV axle I bought, branded as a Cardone (new) started slinging grease and I had to warranty it.

Urambo Tauro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I read somewhere that ACDelco and Raybestos are ultimately the same parts, just in different boxes. At least when it comes to their "Professional" grade lines. This isn't the first time I've seen them sharing the same product images.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I think I read somewhere that ACDelco and Raybestos are ultimately the same parts, just in different boxes. At least when it comes to their "Professional" grade lines. This isn't the first time I've seen them sharing the same product images.

I notice AC Delco sharing images too, but the bad thing is that images can be old. I bought an AC Delco lower ball joint because the picture showed the boot wired on... it wasn't. Some patience on ebay found one that was wired on, as the buyer had used his own picture. I didn't end up buying it, I just used the one I had already gotten, since I don't have as much of an issue with the lowers.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
Delco Professional is the only way to go. Cardone was once the go to choice but I've found the quality has dropped off drastically.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you done this?

Would it need to be with a master cylinder from a disc/drum setup? I know they had disc/disc for a while, but not sure when they went back to disc/drum on the 99-06 generation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not yet, but planning to.