New cup holders!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Looks interesting! $31.40 each with free shipping. New rubber tabs that hold the cup or mug in place. I guess when this configuration was designed, was when to go coffee was really becoming a big thing, since it seems to be made to fit a coffee mug. Those tabs are probably what wears out in these.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Looks interesting! $31.40 each with free shipping. New rubber tabs that hold the cup or mug in place. I guess when this configuration was designed, was when to go coffee was really becoming a big thing, since it seems to be made to fit a coffee mug. Those tabs are probably what wears out in these.
Most cup holders that I have found at the salvage yards, the foam tabs are either worn out or non-existent, haha.

These look pretty sweet! Do you plan on ordering these and if so will you post pics?
I might order one for my 98 next month or so, so I'll be sure to post pics when I get one.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is a guy on eBay who sells just the foam tabs if anyone is looking. His seller name is "surplus67".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-Suburban-Tahoe-Cup-Holder-Inserts-95-96-97-98-99/383643333021

I bought a few sets of them but haven't gotten around to installing them yet. Mine aren't completely trashed but have seen better days. Now that I know there are reproduction cup holder assemblies I'm a little less nervous about ripping my factory ones apart to install the new tabs.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
There is a guy on eBay who sells just the foam tabs if anyone is looking. His seller name is "surplus67".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-Suburban-Tahoe-Cup-Holder-Inserts-95-96-97-98-99/383643333021

I bought a few sets of them but haven't gotten around to installing them yet. Mine aren't completely trashed but have seen better days. Now that I know there are reproduction cup holder assemblies I'm a little less nervous about ripping my factory ones apart to install the new tabs.
I remember seeing those, not sure why the seller has a bid option instead of a Buy Now option.

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do these go inside the center console... existing cupholders or filling in empty space? I don't have any in my Burb except for the one that slides out from the dash under the center AC vent. And those two worthless round things about 2" deep (which I guess are supposed to be cup holders?) on the flat part of the dash in front of the passenger seat.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As long as your console looks like this then yes. The storage in the front took both CD album holder or cupholder for looks like coffee mug.

You must be registered for see images attach

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok gotcha. Mine has the CD holder that I use as a cup holder! Fits my full size Tervis tumbler pretty well. :)

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok gotcha. Mine has the CD holder that I use as a cup holder! Fits my full size Tervis tumbler pretty well. :)
Before I switched to the 60/40 I used to use it for my wallet. Until the lid hinge broke. wish gm made those a bit stronger lol