New crate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

budviper1962

Reaction score
You're probably right, that has nothing to do with it. The ECM won't fire the injectors until it see DRPs (Distributor Reference Pulses) for the ICM. Check your connections to, inside, and from the Distributor. You may have a bad ICM or Pickup coil/magnet too.
Wish I could post vid, it tried to start 3 times then battery died, changed battery’s from my s10 (new) that’s when I noticed the leak and motor would just spin. This weekend I’ll be checking all connections and such.

Amsterdamned96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wish I could post vid, it tried to start 3 times then battery died, changed battery’s from my s10 (new) that’s when I noticed the leak and motor would just spin. This weekend I’ll be checking all connections and such.
Exciting, by putting a flathead screwdriver on the injector and putting the handle on your ear you can hear wether or not the injector is actuating. It’ll click and sometimes even whir whilst powered/open.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exciting, by putting a flathead screwdriver on the injector and putting the handle on your ear you can hear wether or not the injector is actuating. It’ll click and sometimes even whir whilst powered/open.
Another way, maybe better, is to use a Noid light
www.summitracing.com/parts/oes-25140?seid=srese2&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Brands+|+O&utm_term=4581527515774446&utm_content=GSAPI+5ba295853781e#overview

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I’m getting fuel to tbi unit but no fire. Seems my injectors aren’t squirting fuel. I have power to them but when I crank motor no fuel... ...I took lines apart at fuel filter I have gas with key on. Took line off at tbi unit I have gas with key on.
Does it run if you drizzle some gas down the throttle body?

What is your fuel pressure?

I had a stuck injector once. I had swapped to a Treasure Yard throttle body trying to solve another problem. Engine ran on the other injector, but not well--rough, no power. (Only 4 cylinders running.) The stuck injector came back to life after several minutes of run-time; no problems since.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does it run if you drizzle some gas down the throttle body?

What is your fuel pressure?

I had a stuck injector once. I had swapped to a Treasure Yard throttle body trying to solve another problem. Engine ran on the other injector, but not well--rough, no power. (Only 4 cylinders running.) The stuck injector came back to life after several minutes of run-time; no problems since.

I have had them stick before when they sat around for a long period of time. Usually one side or the other, not both. Some moderate tapping of the injector body on the sides of the injectors with the handle end of the screwdriver almost always got them flowing nearly instantly. Have run across the same thing on some junkyard MPI engines or marine engines that sit over winter.