New Crate L31 Replacement Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blue Print says to run their 10W-30 break in oil for the 1st 6,000 miles even with roller cam before switching to synthetic.

www.blueprintengines.com/products/blueprint-engines-10w30-engine-oil-1-quart-bpp10w30

HopHead357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Copy. I’m going to skip thr break-in oil and follow the crate motor instructions and use the one pint of GM “Preluber” mixed in with the oil (Castrol GTX). Figure that’s best for warranty anyways.

Also, went to rebuild my power steering pump last night, and during inspection, I discovered that the shaft has a nice deep groove in it. Seems like it’s gonna leak for sure. Guess I’m buying a reman one at the auto parts store today. No time to buy online as we are finishing up everything tomorrow/Sunday.
You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Copy. I’m going to skip thr break-in oil and follow the crate motor instructions and use the one pint of GM “Preluber” mixed in with the oil (Castrol GTX). Figure that’s best for warranty anyways.

Also, went to rebuild my power steering pump last night, and during inspection, I discovered that the shaft has a nice deep groove in it. Seems like it’s gonna leak for sure. Guess I’m buying a reman one at the auto parts store today. No time to buy online as we are finishing up everything tomorrow/Sunday.
You must be registered for see images attach

Don't waste your money on a parts store reman, they slap them back together with worse parts than that.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That groove is probably caused BY the seal.

If that were me, I'd either put it together with a new seal, and hope for the best...or...put it together with a new seal shimmed forward or backward by several thousandths of an inch, so the seal lip rides on a virgin section of the shaft.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of my reman ps pump. It was cheap, but it's loud and seems like it can't keep up with quick left to right sweepers when I'm doing totally normal things that definitely wouldn't get you in trouble in my IROC-Z. Maybe it's a luck of the draw thing.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of my reman ps pump. It was cheap, but it's loud and seems like it can't keep up with quick left to right sweepers when I'm doing totally normal things that definitely wouldn't get you in trouble in my IROC-Z. Maybe it's a luck of the draw thing.

Not really, most of not all suck. Far as I can tell the slap new seals in and kick it down the road. God knows what pressures they operate at, I'm sure to them a pump is a pump is a pump. Mine have been garbage too, I have a core so next one to blow gets a rebuild and the truck sits until the replacement is ready.