New Colorado Member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schwinnman67

Reaction score
Just found the online forum, joined the Facebook one a while ago. I have worked on these trucks since they were new and have owned 4. My first one was a 1989 C2500 Cheyenne (std cab long bed). The second was a 1989 K1500 Silverado (ext cab long bed). The third was a 1995 K2500 (ext cab long bed) and current one is a 1992 K1500 Silverado.
I bought my first one to replace a 1988 Toyota and later traded it for a 1993 Dodge Dakota. I traded the Dakota for the 1989 Silverado and later sold it and bought a 1992 Toyota 4x4. I traded that for the 1995 K2500 (it had a bad 454, later replaced it). I traded the 1995 for a 2006 Ford Ranger (sold that to pay off my home). I bought my current 1992 for $1100 in 2015 and have been doing some work to it over the years.
The paint is bad on it, don't know when it will get paint...

Don't know how rare this is, but a friend had a 1989 SB Z71 standard cab with buckets. He sold it to buy a 1993 GMC and regretted it... The person that bought it was a friend, but he told me it was stolen a few years ago (my other friend was asking about his old truck).

Hopefully, I will get more done on my 1992 soon..

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Apologies for the following. Got on a roll when the espresso kicked in this A.M.

I've had a few Schwinns. A couple of Stingrays (Both bought new. 1 stolen & replaced) & and an Orange Krate, (5 spd with the springer, also bought new.) After seeing what those sell for today, I really should of kept that one!

I have a highly modded '91 Paramount Series 70 which I bought as a bare frame & built myself. Custom powder-coated. XT/XTR, Synchros post & neck, Ti. H/bars, 13/30, 24-36-48, GripShift, (Shoulda kept the XT thumbies!) Avid 2.0 V's.w/AC brake braces Fr & Rr. Hand-built Mavic 36sp. Oxygens with DT14/15's on the front & straight 14's rear. 1996 Manitou Mach 5's w/speed springs & a lighter oil. SRP alu. & Ti nut & bolt encrusted. Nothing purple! Lol! Just slightly under 23lbs.

All typical mid-90's stuff. I rode it a lot! 100-120 miles a week, 12 mo/year. It was 7.5 miles to work, one way. Then crazy group rides on the weekends with the local locos. Some of those kids were 1/2 my age. "Speed's your friend!" they'd say!
Down stuff so steep, I'd get saddle sores on my chest! Tire rash on the nards.
Tight tree-infested pseudo-trails. Dinner plate sized shale so loose you couldn't stand on it. We once hit 62.5kmh (about 40mph) on a WorldCup downhill course. No body armour. Would of been shredded to the bone if we had gone down. Fun times.
Then...
February '98, 3 blocks from home coming back from the grocery store with 4 bags on the handlebars, I was hit by a drunk driver & dragged for 144' under the vehicle. Near 1/2 the length of a football field. A hockey rink's 200'.
The bike's been a wall ornament since. Haven't rode more than 100 miles since that day.
The driver got 120 days in jail. 60 weekends. He did his time years ago.
I still curse his name every morning & after every nightmare of... lights...bumper...undercarriage...TIRE!
Of all the body damage I've incurred over the years, & there's been a lot, that one keeps coming back to haunt me the most & for the longest.

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:welcome: