New 1994 Chevy K1500 Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nilocsemliw

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 1994 Chevy K1500 standard cab long bed pickup. As far as specs it has the 5.7 350 with the 6 lug 3.73 and is the Silverado trim level. I’m the third owner and it has just over 200,000 miles. It’s been a work truck and daily for a carpenter for the past 15 years. A bit beat up but absolutely no rust on the body (perk of living in a desert), but the paint is absolutely trashed. For future plans I’m trying to get everything back up to factree before I start beautifying her.

So far I have
-Rebuilt the rear drum brakes
-replaced front brakes
-bled brakes
-replaced brake master cylinder
-replaced ebrake cable (stretched beyond adjuster)
-ABS delete/bypass
Brakes still suck IMO. Any ideas?
-Rewired a few body grounds after it didn’t turn over

Will do when parts arrive
-Front and rear shocks
-Windshield wiper pulse control board
-both oil cooler lines
-both door lock cylinders (drivers is jammed)
-full tune up
-Idle air control valve

I think my next project needs to be replacing the steering shaft with the Jeep’s to reduce play. Just having an issue finding one in local junk yards.

This is my first project truck I’ve loved working on tut so far and I can’t wait to see where the project takes me. I’ve always loved the OBS body style and am happy to have found this one that needs a little love for $1,000.

Nilocsemliw

Reaction score
Update: I was able to install all of the the parts I listed and went ahead and replaced the upper control arms. The upper ball joints were impossible to get off the old ones. I’m hoping that covers most of the oil leaks, but only time will tell.

I ended up ordering a Xj steering shaft off eBay and will install when that arrives.

Next should be starting to work on interior and exterior. Only issue I still want to address is that the car almost stalls occasionally when coming to a stop even with the clutch in and in neutral. It’s an intermittent issue which sucks.