Needs jumped EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SentandBent4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay y’all, I’m getting rather annoyed. Every single time I want to start my truck, it’s completely dead, barely enough juice to even turn it over once. I jump it, runs fine and acts like normal, so it ain’t the alternator. I’m pretty sure it’s the battery, but I wanted to make sure before replacing it. if I start it three or four hours after I first jump it, then it will start sometimes. Used to u could leave it for a week, then a few days, then a day, and now only a few hours! Frustrating. Is it the battery? And if it is, is there a battery that has the terminals on top, instead of the side that will fit my truck?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Charge the battery fully, then do a load test on it. The auto parts store can test it (most DIY'ers don't own a battery load tester, but if you maintain several vehicles it's not a bad investment) - just be sure you charge it 100% first.

Richard

Vanishing Point

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As PlayingWithTBI eluded to they all could be a little pricey, so depending on your budget and finances Walmart, AutoZone, EvilBay, could be your next best choice. Just be sure of your location regarding your Battery as well as it's cables, & battery tray, replacements. And of course its measurements such as length, width, height, and where the positive and negative posts should be located? Or if you prefer you can try these that I found for you on the internet with price examples. Anyway let us know what you decide on, and good luck to you!

Skip to content
[email protected]
Call Us Today! 305-891-8355
You must be registered for see images attach

Battery Sales USA
Wholesale distributor of batteries, battery chargers, and other battery accessories

Home / Shop / Search results for “34/78”

Search results: “34/78”​

Showing all 7 results
Relevance Sort by popularity Sort by average rating Sort by latest Sort by price: low to high Sort by price: high to low

Brand​

Application​

Chemistry​

BCI Size​

Stock Status​

• In stock
  • Out of stock

About Us​

Battery Sales USA, Inc. is an online wholesale distributor of batteries, battery chargers and other battery accessories.

Useful Links​

Locations​

North Miami​

12275 NE 13th Ave
North Miami, FL 33161, USA
Tel: +1-305-891-8355
Fax: +1-305-891-2062
[email protected]

Downtown Miami​

1500 NW 20th Street
Miami, FL 33142, USA
Tel: +1-305-325-1460
Fax: +1-305-325-1462
[email protected]

© 2023 Battery Sales USA. Web development by QGS

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yes a 34/78 is a dual terminal battery, and it will fit in a 400. Had one in my Burbs.....one thing I will say though, this is not as common or popular a size as a 34 or a 78. Batteries have a shelf life and frequently the lower selling numbers get re dated. So the battery may be older than you think. Be sure you charge it well before putting it in the truck!
Back in my parts store days, we wouldn't sell a battery without charging it for at least 15-20 minutes.

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
You should probably check your alternator for voltage output both at the alternator, and at the battery.

There's a possibility your battery has a dead cell(s) and can't hold a charge anymore.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Definitely get the battery and alternator tested.

Whatever you do, don't get an Optima if you go for a fancy battery. I had two brand new Optima yellow tops die on me in less than a year. After that I figured out that Johnson Controls bought them and moved production to Mexico several years ago. Apparently their quality went downhill pretty dramatically after that, I saw several others report failures similar to mine.

I switched to Odyssey Extreme 34/78s in both of my trucks and have been very happy with them. Only had to replace one so far, it was almost eight years old and still started the truck. Just was a little slow cranking and read low on my load tester. Only down side is they're not cheap. Here's a link to the specific one I use (ODX-AGM34 78). Four year free replacement warranty, and made in the USA by Enersys.

https://www.odysseybattery.com/products/odx-agm34-78-battery-34-78-pc1500/

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely get the battery and alternator tested.

Whatever you do, don't get an Optima if you go for a fancy battery. I had two brand new Optima yellow tops die on me in less than a year. After that I figured out that Johnson Controls bought them and moved production to Mexico several years ago. Apparently their quality went downhill pretty dramatically after that, I saw several others report failures similar to mine.

I switched to Odyssey Extreme 34/78s in both of my trucks and have been very happy with them. Only had to replace one so far, it was almost eight years old and still started the truck. Just was a little slow cranking and read low on my load tester. Only down side is they're not cheap. Here's a link to the specific one I use (ODX-AGM34 78). Four year free replacement warranty, and made in the USA by Enersys.

https://www.odysseybattery.com/products/odx-agm34-78-battery-34-78-pc1500/
Fully agreed on Optima, but I can't recommend Odyssey, either. I had one prematurely die after replacing an Optima with it. It lasted 4.5 years but they'd have you believe it should last longer. Hell, regular flooded acid OEM batteries last nearly 10 years in many applications. Why shouldn't a $300+ Odyssey do the same, or better? When I bought it the price was $220, when I replaced it in late 2021 they had gone up to $240, now they're $330!

It's just gotten too expensive to buy these "boutique" batteries anymore. I'm through with them all. I've got regular flooded Champion batteries in both SS's now. I did get an AGM for my 300 since it lives in the trunk; didn't want a flooded acid battery back there to potentially cause any body damage. Risk is low but I figured why not spend the couple extra bucks, it wasn't super expensive like these worthless Optima and Odyssey batteries.

I've gone "all in" on non-Optima, non-Odyssey..

Wife's Silverado SS

My 300 SRT8

My Silverado SS

I've also bought a battery load tester for next time I have any issues, I'll be ready to charge -n- check before making any further decisions.

Richard

Last edited: