Needle In A Hay Stack - 7.4L L29 Heater Bypass Hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's been a while since I had my 97, but don't remember seeing that line. It was a ECLB. Had to replace the intake gaskets, and don't remember disconnecting that line.

My working assumption up until this thread was that it was a Crew Cab and Suburban thing. So it fits that your extended cab didn’t have it. JSlezac83’s Crew Cab seems to be the exception.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah must be. Not too many crews or burbs with 454s around here...I'll look tho...

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There’s no evidence that the solenoid or valve were ever there, but I don’t know the history of my truck.

It was involved in some kind of front end damage. The insides of the fenders are white, and the front lighting harness was definitely replaced.

The truck was optioned with the compass/temp mirror, but there is no temp sensor. The cavities in the harness connector are vacant, but do not have the rubber plugs in them.

I can’t for the life of me imagine why someone would have taken the effort to remove the pins from the harness, but that’s the case. Maybe said individual also removed the solenoid and clipped the harness near where it enters the firewall. It’s not the easiest area to investigate.

Either way, I think I’m going to go scavenge the parts to add the solenoid and bypass valve.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score

1998crewcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
1998 gmc c3500 crew cab long bed with 7.4 federal truck
Nothing like it on my vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk