Need some advice on a 1995 K1500 potential purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

858895Chevy

Reaction score
Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback. I am taking a pass on this one. I am just GMT400 drunk and was hoping to make it work with a truck that should not be. I will keep looking. I gotta respect my time and money. I am not loaded and it took quite a while to save this money working some real tough hours. I will find something better to honor that work.

Take it easy...
Probably a good move.. FYI: I have seen a few people saying you should avoid the 95... I disagree. I bought a 1995 K1500 350 Auto new and still have it at 117K miles. Yes, the HVAC controller is a one year part (so I picked up a spare).... I didn't know it when I bought it new, but it turns out the 95 is the ideal year of the GMT400 (for me)... 95 is the first year for std 4 wheel ABS and the newer interior used on 95-98. 95 is the LAST year for OBD1, Standard Green Etheylene Glycol Coolant, and TBI. In 96, they went to OBD2, DexCool, and PFI. OBD1 and TBI are much easier and work on and less complex. Dexcool is very controversial (some say its the worst, while others love it). I personally owned a 2000 Olds Alero and the DexCool killed the intake and head gasket at 40K and I had coolant in my oil... SO while I like all GMT400'S, when (if) I buy another, I will stick to 88-95, with 95 being the preferred.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I shake my head whenever I see people with broken frames still driving them. Sometimes I wish Iowa had safety inspections because of that.