Need some advice after blowing a tranny

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlownMtr

Reaction score
Hey fellas, I've got a 92 stepside, 350 700r4 with a 241c tcase. I was kinda romping on it going up the mountain to the house (montana...mountains everywhere) and the tranny blew out. I figured front seal since all the atf leaked where i stopped and fast.. like in less than a min, no more fluid.
Pulled the tranny out, completly tore the center of the flexplate out which i'm assuming caused all the other damage everywhere else.
Motor runs good still and sounds good so i think the crank is fine.

My main issue is i've got the tranny swapped out but after a day of the tcase sitting, its got a pile of atf leaking out of it. I know nothing of these tcases. If i tip the tail shaft end down fluid comes out which i believe is fine because it seals up with the driveshaft. If i tip the other way, input side down, atf does leak from where the shaft is as well as the vent line. Is any of that normal or is there something else going on somewhere? I did go thru all the gears manually and everything appears to work correctly.
I'm ready to reinstall the tcase but really would like to make sure its all good before i do. Thanks for any suggestions.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
There is a seal on the input shaft of the T case, it should NOT leak out around it. Pull the front bearing retainer and change it while the case is out, if you don't the T case can be over filled from the Trany.