Need overload leafs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt740

Reaction score
Hey guys. New member here. Here is my 1990 C1500. 350 / NV3500 5-Speed

You must be registered for see images attach

I've had the truck for almost 5 years now. The previous owner lowered the front of the truck using 2" drop spindles. For the rear he simply removed the overload leaf out of the spring packs. Problem is without the overload leafs I get really bad wheel hop, axle wrap, and the pinion angle is off, resulting in the rear u-joint needing replacement every 15K miles or so.

For the longest time I just dealt with it, but..... the drop spindles the P.O. installed were apparently cheap garbage, because the shaft broke off the passenger side spindle while driving down the road.

So after being towed home, I replaced the pot metal no-name drop spindles with a factory GM set out of a junkyard. Now with the front at factory height, I'd like to fix the rear as well. I don't really want to buy a new set of leaf springs. All I really need are the overload leafs so I can add them back to the spring pack. But I can't find just the overload leaf anywhere. Does anyone on here have a set they have removed they would part with? Or any other ideas of how to fix the rear? I've thought about just adding spring helpers to whats already there.