Need help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m finally lowering my truck and I’m starting in the rear. I bought the belltech flip kit with the cnotch and all the goodies with it my question is which way are these belltech saddles suppose to face and I’ll take 2 pic of it and am I suppose to remove the square thing that’s on top of the leaf springs and then put the belltech saddles on top of that bolt on the leaf springs? Need help first time doing this

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Photos

You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just guessing, but if you lower your truck and keep the driveshaft the same length, your axle will have to mount further back. The hole should be towards the front.
Just out of curiosity, I looked up your instructions (assuming you bought the 6605 or 6607 flip kit). https://www.belltech.com/extras/docs/BBGC/6605.pdf
21.Install the rear axle tube saddle and shim over the leaf spring center bolt nut with the thickest portion of the shim toward the rear of the vehicle and the cutout in the shim secure against the spring center bolt nut. NOTE: The hole in the bottom of the rear axle tube saddle should be forward of the side-to-side saddle centerline. (PHOTO 25)"

Not to be rude, but as they say, RTFM.

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never used the kit, but I have a decent idea of how it's done. The square thing on top of your leaf spring isn't used anymore. The axle is moved from under the spring to on top of the spring.

As shown in the pic below that I grabbed from the Google machine, the order from top to bottom appears to go:

Axle
Saddle (apparently hole towards the front)
Shim (thick part toward the rear)
Leaf spring
New spring plate provided with kit

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks I think I got it now but my kit didn’t come with shims i
Think that’s only for ext cab trucks but I’ll post the pics of the finish project so u guys can see if it looks right lol after this I’m going to attempt the cnotch lol wish me luck

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this is the flip kit install I still have to do the c-Notch which is next when I get brave enough to do it lol

Reaction score
Looks good! I just cut out one side of my frame tonight for the notch.

Does your notch plate fit tight or is there a fairly big gap between top and bottom rails?

I noticed on power nations belltech install they had the gap too. Seems crazy that I'd tighten bottom of the frame to the notch with that gap.

11:00 in the video
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How did this come out? I’m getting ready to do mine this weekend. Just curious of any other issues.

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry been awhile but I’m done with the cnotch and cutting the frame there was a space between the bottom of the cnotch and the frame but I bought some square thick washers from Lowe’s and put them under the cnotch and the frame ran the bolt thru and tighten it up and looks great I’m still going to have the cnotch welded to the frame tho but I’m keeping the bolts in it I’ll post some pics

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pics