Need help with upper control arm problems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I don’t know if you can see the pictures but I need help. My truck is a 1989 c1500 with a 4.5in rough country spindle lift. I am having problems with my camber I’ve been to 4 different alignment shops and no one can get it aligned. They say that my control arms are maxed out and I have no idea what to do. Any thoughts or suggestions on what to do? I don’t know if I need different control arms or what. Any information would be helpful thank you.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I can't help, but wanted to say that I think your truck really looks nice. What is that hood ornament?

Reaction score
I can't help, but wanted to say that I think your truck really looks nice. What is that hood ornament?
Thank you I really appreciate it. And the hood ornament says Chevrolet. I think it’s the same one the older square bodies used to have

Reaction score

Stillruns

Reaction score
Companies like SPC and others offer offset upper control arm bushing that can allow for up to 4° additional...

Stillruns

Reaction score
Sorry... no time to hunt but just Google offset control arm bushings... you will get plenty of hits.
Just make sure you get 2wd bushings... they are 41mm OD where 4wd bushings are 43mm

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First thing is to figure out why you have so much positive camber.

BENT PARTS? Including bent frame.

Worn lower control arm bushings--common as dirt
Worn upper control arm bushings--also common.

Screwing-up the ride height can't have helped.

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
general question: when you punch out the "knockouts" for the upper control arms & buy the encentric bolts that are needed for the extra camber they provide, do you buy & install two of those bolts per upper a-arm, or just one per side? thanx