Need help with brakes plz!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stringer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
here are the casting numbers from my unit. i wonder if the smaller number below denotes the combination valve type?
You must be registered for see images attach

and here is the refurbished one for sale for $200
You must be registered for see images attach

also seen some ads that state the ecu and air bag module need to be reprogrammed for install. is that correct??

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here are the casting numbers from my unit. i wonder if the smaller number below denotes the combination valve type?

Combination valves were at one time an item you could buy at RockAuto but I don't see them now. If you Google "1998 Suburban combination valve" and sift through some of the results you will find the valves have typical 8-digit GM part numbers.

Now, as for the 5-digit number on the casting, I might guess it's got something to do with the vehicle application. Schurkey et al. might know; I hope he's watching this thread (you might send him a note and ask).
also seen some ads that state the ecu and air bag module need to be reprogrammed for install. is that correct

PM me with your email address, I'll send you a .pdf of the ABS section of the 1998 service manual (102pgs, too many to post here). It appears there's a way to check it for trouble codes; that might help you out in this situation.

I've attached part of that section document which discusses some configuration required (?) for tire size.

Attachments

• GMT400 ABS snippet 1998.pdf
    301.9 KB · Views: 6

Stringer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
done, thanks!

ebay seller states it will work for my application

edit: ordered the remanufactured module i linked to. seller declined offer of 177, but accepted offer of 190. pn# 12765501

Last edited:

superchevysb

Reaction score
I replaced the EBCM with remanufactured one from ebay last night. Bled everything twice more with lucas dot3, works great now! Appreciate the help!
Do you suspect that reman unit came with the updated Proportioning valve that gives more braking pressure to the rear brakes? I have been searching for the updated combo/proportioning valve 12548265 for awhile and am curious if it is the same as what came on the c/k pickup trucks.