Need help with 98 sonoma zr2 5 speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98Sonomazr2

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum I have a 98 sonoma that is throwing a u1255 code I believe it was anyway truck cranks over but no power to spark or fuel pump and the gas gage is reading 0 now pump is good and new distributor so any ideas?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Thats a terrible code to diagnose from a distance without a ton of details. Its a PCM lost-connection under normal operations code.

Do you have anything aftermarket installed? Stereo system? Remote starter? Remote locks?

What happened when it threw the code? Was it running and driving? Were you just trying to start it after sitting? Did you just do any work to it immediately prior to the code?

Details, pictures, videos, more details...

98Sonomazr2

Reaction score
Thats a terrible code to diagnose from a distance without a ton of details. Its a PCM lost-connection under normal operations code.

Do you have anything aftermarket installed? Stereo system? Remote starter? Remote locks?

What happened when it threw the code? Was it running and driving? Were you just trying to start it after sitting? Did you just do any work to it immediately prior to the code?

Details, pictures, videos, more details...
Nothing aftermarket and I bought it back not running the boy told me he was going down the road and he said it just shut off on em