Need help pls.. i ve searched and tried throwing every part at it and im not proud of it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mason916

Reaction score
new battery new cables which reminds me something cause a.coue of the fusible links to melt of corse i dont remember which ones caused i replaced them all. And i forgot to mentoon i also replaced the ecm

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having a new battery and cables doesn't necessarily mean your side posts aren't loose. But if you're blowing fusible links, you have a larger problem. You need to find the short. You need a wiring diagram, and then follow the wiring southward from the fusible links to see where it's rubbing or what component is melted.

mason916

Reaction score
Thats what i figured.i havent blown any since i just replaced them all since i was in there. Next question which shows my true ignorance of electrical. So i understand what a fusible link does and how. So if i put a higher rated link in it wont effect anything downline or keep it feom working right? Only if it were to blow agaiin it would allow that much more electricity by until burning it self out. Correct?? Thanks again for everyones help

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’d revisit the shop manual - pretty sure that the 1990 is available as a download here. Alternately, check alldatadiy.com as their subscriptions are pulled from the GM manuals.

For example, attached is part of a 1992 manual that troubleshoots pump priming.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

mason916

Reaction score
Ok thanks. I did look at the downloads available from here but 1990 fsm.pdf file is corupted all i was able to get is wiring diagram and not very much info covering fuel pump or any walk througs for diagnosis