Need help on grille install!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
I will be surprised if you don't want the 4 Hi mod after a while. As it is when the highs go on the lows go off and it does drop the overall light coverage even though you can see more distant objects. It also looks kinda strange as most quad headlight setups are "all on " when the brights are on . Thanks for the additional info on the backing plate. I expect I will be doing mine when I get a few hours to attach together but I am installing the headlight mod, the horns and the temp sensor all as one project.

What year model is your truck? The only reaso i had to drill is because mine is an earlier model, if yours is a 1994+ then you wont need to

HawkDsl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have both center hood brackets (88-93 and 94-up years), and they look the same to me.

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So theae are the things i bought to do the swap
You must be registered for see images attach

Im a little late on this thread....
Can you tell me whgere you found the grill without the chrome surounds? I am looking for one to paint to match the body...
Thanks
I also have a 93 chevy 2500

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Im a little late on this thread....
Can you tell me whgere you found the grill without the chrome surounds? I am looking for one to paint to match the body...
Thanks
I also have a 93 chevy 2500
Amazon, ebay, etc.

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Thanks, any paticular brand recommended...I know OE is pretty much double or trip[le the price, looking foir one that fits better then some of the cheaper ones...
A lot of them are not going to be as great as OEM, you could try the junk yard, you would then just have to paint the chrome ring to match your truck's color. I forgot about 1A Auto, they aren't a bad place to get a grille, still not going to be the best, but I trust them over Amazon.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have both center hood brackets (88-93 and 94-up years), and they look the same to me.
Huh?

It's the bumper brackets that are different from 94-up. They are longer. Just the main brackets that come straight out from the frame rails. The outrigger brackets to the ends of the bumper are the same for 88-98.

Richard

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My vehicle has the composite headlamps already with a chevy grill. If I swap out to a 2000 GMC style grill, will I need additional parts? does my fill panels work?

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
My vehicle has the composite headlamps already with a chevy grill. If I swap out to a 2000 GMC style grill, will I need additional parts? does my fill panels work?
They sure will. GMC grille will swap in easy breezy, no modifications. You will need new side markers though, the Chevy side markers are different. Headlamps and parking lights are the same.