Need help on grille install!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
Be sure to put silicone around those new headlights so they don't condense or fog up when it rains. Had that happen before. Most of the time, quality headlights won't do that (1A Auto headlights, Anzo's, etc.), but the cheap ones seem to.

These headlights actually came with a tube of silicone and instructions on how to seal them, thanks for the tip

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You need 1994-up main bumper brackets. Don't need the outrigger ones that go to the corners of the bumper, but you need the middle two. They're longer to allow for the 1994-up grille and filler strip design.

Richard

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
You need 1994-up main bumper brackets. Don't need the outrigger ones that go to the corners of the bumper, but you need the middle two. They're longer to allow for the 1994-up grille and filler strip design.

Is it nessecary or can i do the swap without?

Richard

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice job, did you encounter any pitfalls that were not mentioned? It certainly did help the appearance of the front end and presumably the lighting is better. Was it worth the effort and how long did it take to do it once you started? Did you do the 4 Hi mod?

Last edited:

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
Nice job, did you encounter any pitfalls that were not mentioned? It certainly did help the appearance of the front end and presumably the lighting is better. Was it worth the effort and how long did it take to do it once you started? Did you do the 4 Hi mod?

I did encounter an issue with the filler strip and i had to drill some holes in the backing plate to install the filler, but other than that everything went smoothly and only took about an hour to complete. And no, im running the stock lighting system on this

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did encounter an issue with the filler strip and i had to drill some holes in the backing plate to install the filler, but other than that everything went smoothly and only took about an hour to complete. And no, im running the stock lighting system on this

I will be surprised if you don't want the 4 Hi mod after a while. As it is when the highs go on the lows go off and it does drop the overall light coverage even though you can see more distant objects. It also looks kinda strange as most quad headlight setups are "all on " when the brights are on . Thanks for the additional info on the backing plate. I expect I will be doing mine when I get a few hours to attach together but I am installing the headlight mod, the horns and the temp sensor all as one project.