Need help hitting frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesusv132

Reaction score
This rail under the bed sits right on top of my c notch and hits on bumps will cutting off the spot where it hits solve the problem?

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
CHOP THAT ****... lol.. here's my buddy Tim chopping his up, mind you he went extra because he was making room for a 14 bolt full floater and an extreme drop :D

Richard

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As you see it has to be cut out, I had to go one step further because of 14 bolt rear end the ss454 came with, much larger than the others so I not only had to cut out that cross brace I had to have a little custom piece made for the section of bed I had to remove, low means things like that. I also had the C notch redone because whoever did it prior to me getting the truck did a lousy job so I had and "under bed/over frome" notch done to get any clearance at all. If you want to go low this is the price we pay right
Bobby V

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As you see it has to be cut out, I had to go one step further because of 14 bolt rear end the ss454 came with, much larger than the others so I not only had to cut out that cross brace I had to have a little custom piece made for the section of bed I had to remove, low means things like that. I also had the C notch redone because whoever did it prior to me getting the truck did a lousy job so I had and "under bed/over frome" notch done to get any clearance at all. If you want to go low this is the price we pay right
Bobby V

The 14 bolt (even the 9.5 like yours and the one in my 2500LD) adds challenge to the mix. Larger case, larger axle tubes...I was ready to do pretty much the same thing to my '94; the bump stop pads were smacking the notch on hard dips, but if I made that clearance in the notch, the next thing to hit was gonna be the differential on the bed floor. So the plan was to increase the notch, then cut a hinged flap in the bed floor and laugh every time it clanged. :D

Richard

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 14 bolt (even the 9.5 like yours and the one in my 2500LD) adds challenge to the mix. Larger case, larger axle tubes...I was ready to do pretty much the same thing to my '94; the bump stop pads were smacking the notch on hard dips, but if I made that clearance in the notch, the next thing to hit was gonna be the differential on the bed floor. So the plan was to increase the notch, then cut a hinged flap in the bed floor and laugh every time it clanged. :D

Richard

I tried laughing but it didn't work :D So I did the next best thing, get to cutting and welding, I can still bottom out on serious dips but WTF huh, low down is the only wat to fly