Need Fuel Line Removal Tools for Pump Sender Basket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a tool that works on the 98-00 pump baskets? I believe my 1500 blew the line from the pump to the basket and I need to get in there to verify. I'd prefer to not destroy the basket as they aren't cheap.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
You're talking about the quick connects on the outside, or something inside? If outside, I was able to get one with the regular disconnect tool, and th other with fiddling around with picks. Apparently, we need a low clearance disconnect tool. They're on Amazon, I believe. I didn't buy one because I already was done by the time they were pointed out to me.

Something like this, that's offset: https://www.amazon.com/OTC-6511-Fue...ords=fuel+line+disconnect+tool&qid=1555874939

If you're talking inside, then I don't know.... I wondered that myself.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Awesome, just added this one to my cart.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The other one was 3/8 and 1/2. The cutout on the back is what makes it fit, I figured there was something out there. Thanks!
That looks like what I really coulda used on the Burb. But I made the cheaper tools work, by whittling on the old pump fittings till I had clearance.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That looks like what I really coulda used on the Burb. But I made the cheaper tools work, by whittling on the old pump fittings till I had clearance.

Before I bought that tool, I wrecked a (broken) basket and dug the guts out the hard way. It sucked, having the right tool for the job is soooooo worth it especially when it isn't a jillion doll hairs.