need fenders that are not $300 shipping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raspi454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

rockauto shipping fee, this is too much for me, and this is only one fender, the other wasn't in stock
pls help i'm dum

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score

rockauto shipping fee, this is too much for me, and this is only one fender, the other wasn't in stock
pls help i'm dum

Try Amazon or Advance Auto, or maybe someplace body part specific? When I needed a gas tank Rockauto was insane for the shipping, too. Advance gave me free shipping!

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought new fenders from carpartswholsale on ebay. They were $126 each. Made in taiwan.

These were ok. The front tips of both new fenders were damaged in shipping.

The passenger fender didn't match the arc of the door. I had to place a block of wood in the center and carefully bend the fender to better match the door. The drivers side fit very well, but after looking at it, it had 2 small dents, and the rear tip was also bent down.

Not a huge deal, and fairly common issues with less expensive fenders. I wouldn't buy these for a nice restoration, but they will work well for this truck.

The last pic is with the flare installed. These fenders weren't made for 3/4 tons, so they didn't have the holes drilled - had to mark and drill them. Fairly easy, but takes time.

Raspi454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought new fenders from carpartswholsale on ebay. They were $126 each. Made in taiwan.

These were ok. The front tips of both new fenders were damaged in shipping.

The passenger fender didn't match the arc of the door. I had to place a block of wood in the center and carefully bend the fender to better match the door. The drivers side fit very well, but after looking at it, it had 2 small dents, and the rear tip was also bent down.

Not a huge deal, and fairly common issues with less expensive fenders. I wouldn't buy these for a nice restoration, but they will work well for this truck.

The last pic is with the flare installed. These fenders weren't made for 3/4 tons, so they didn't have the holes drilled - had to mark and drill them. Fairly easy, but takes time.
alright, thanks. I've bought good stuff on ebay, but have been skeptical of body panels. I'll look at it.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
I bought a set of those and they were in worse shape than my old ones. I told them so and they refunded me and told me to keep em. Went to a local pick and pull a couple of weeks ago and found one in black and in very nice condition, no dents only some light sctatches for $50 and it's real gm metal.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
I had great success buying on ebay but I used 1 specific seller. apparently they are not selling on ebay anymore but I found their website. I'm in Canada and had insane shipping rates even from Canadian suppliers. this company carefully packaged up like 6 parts in 1 box and not one arrived damaged in any way. pretty sure they FedExd them to me with almost next day delivery. this was a couple years ago but I still havent installed anything. DOH!

Al

Last edited:

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
well a fender gets shipped by freight. and freight is kind of expensive to ship 1 fender to me in Canada. 2 rear body panels for my burb was only $40 though. so I guess it depends how big and heavy the items are.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210718-200203_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20210718-200203_Firefox.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 4