Need answers please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M0NGROL7

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I recently purchased a 97 k2500. Scored it for a grand (hell of a deal) runs, drives great. Not in a dire need of a much mechanical work. The interior however, well let's just say it seems as if it's been a work truck since it rolled out the shop. I'm pretty mechanical
**The 60/40 seat is wobbly as all heck and doesn't move back and forth**

**The heater fan only blows on high and doesn't switch between; floor, dash, defrost..**

**The passenger door is hard to open** I'm guessing the door handle itself needs to replaced

**Last, but not least, the radio would stay on and drain the battery. I went ahead and pulled the "Radio/Batt" fuse and that worked. What could that be from**

Thanks in advance, sorry if I didn't post this on the right.....thread? I'm new to the whole forum scene.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey y'all, I recently purchased a 97 k2500. Scored it for a grand (hell of a deal) runs, drives great. Not in a dire need of a much mechanical work. The interior however, well let's just say it seems as if it's been a work truck since it rolled out the shop. I'm pretty mechanical

Its easy to replace the seats. But it could be just loose, mine were like that.

**The heater fan only blows on high and doesn't switch between; floor, dash, defrost..**

HVAC control panel is bad. Try junkyard one first, they are like $200 new now. I got lucky and got a new one from the junkyard with the blend door for $35 I think.

**The passenger door is hard to open** I'm guessing the door handle itself needs to replaced

Pins could be bad, common for these trucks. Does the door sag when open?? if not then maybe some spray lube on the latch.

**Last, but not least, the radio would stay on and drain the battery. I went ahead and pulled the "Radio/Batt" fuse and that worked. What could that be from**

Is it a stock radio? If so, I'd say it's hosed. Aftermarket, then it's wired wrong, just need to hook the red power wire to a keyed source.

Thanks in advance, sorry if I didn't post this on the right.....thread? I'm new to the whole forum scene.

Let us know if this works!!!!

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is an arm that attaches to the actuator for vent control changes. Very tricky under the dash. Mine popped off 20yrs ago on my 96. For a while I had to reach underneath and pull the dangling arm down to get it in defrost. Note, it will not stay in place on high, to much air pressure. If the blower only runs on high, it means the resistances that controls lower speeds has burnt out ( An 0pen). Hope this helps with those problems.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
f the blower only runs on high, it means the resistances that controls lower speeds has burnt out ( An 0pen).
+1

Pull the seat, flip it over, and look for missing hardware, junk in the tracks, bent stuff, etc.

You could write a book on all the problems with the doors. If your handles are good, clean and lube all the latches. Make sure the rods are straight. If the door hinges sag, replace them ASAP. If the hinges are absolutely in good shape and the doors still sag, either pull them off and have a body shop weld in reinforcing metal, or just jack the door up until it bends back up into place - and plan on doing that once a year.

If somebody came up with a kit for swapping in the Kodiak door handles for under $100, they'd make a mint. Unfortunately, the handles run about $60 each, and you still need custom rods.