Need answers on two plugs behind glove box that feed thru firewall passenger side.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 1998 k1500 with a 1996 k 1500 harness and pcm. Due to the passlock giving me issues on the 98 pcm.. I swapped the harnesses and am stuck on the two connectors behind the glove box.. inside is a 12 pin plug and 1 pin plug. The 96 harness has a 7 wire plug and a 3 wire plug. I cut the connector off and connected the best I could according to color and size. This leaves me with 5 wires that go to nothing on the bigger plug..... I have no brake lights, no gas gauge, no oil or temp sensor. Don't know if this has anything to do with it. I didn't have speedo untill I did this. So my question is what do i do with these remaining 5 wires

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1998 k1500 with a 1996 k 1500 harness and pcm. Due to the passlock giving me issues on the 98 pcm.. I swapped the harnesses and am stuck on the two connectors behind the glove box.. inside is a 12 pin plug and 1 pin plug. The 96 harness has a 7 wire plug and a 3 wire plug. I cut the connector off and connected the best I could according to color and size. This leaves me with 5 wires that go to nothing on the bigger plug..... I have no brake lights, no gas gauge, no oil or temp sensor. Don't know if this has anything to do with it. I didn't have speedo untill I did this. So my question is what do i do with these remaining 5 wires
I can't help, but the guys that can usually like pictures to get a better handle on the problem.