Need a new cab.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I am looking for a cab for my 1990 K 1500. I don't care about the color or if it has an interior. I need a solid rust free cab to replace my rusting unit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
You must love your truck a whole ton. I'd probably just buy a new one. lol

New trany ,new frame, rebuilt engine, up graded brakes, new bed, new core support, new fenders, inner and outer, New springs ,front and rear. all with in the last 4 years, so yea I like my truck and swapping a cab is not that big of a deal. Up here in NW pa they use salt like it is free and it is very difficult to find a truck that is not a cancer ridden shell.
I am of the camp that I know what i have and am willing to maintain it as opposed to taking a chance on something that i don't know the history of. If it was as easy to find a rust free unit up here as it is down south i would have several of them in reserve.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am looking for a cab for my 1990 K 1500. I don't care about the color or if it has an interior. I need a solid rust free cab to replace my rusting unit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A trip here to NC with a flatbed will fix you right up. Some of the yards that have older trucks have them and they don't rust much here. Just plan a road trip and take two back with you. Selling one would likely pay for the trip.

Loydw

Reaction score
check Craig list for pa. there is some one around Pittsburgh that has a ton of rust free cabs and stuff from Calif.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Our pull a part here in Lafayette Louisiana is full of them. Most are in good shape. Very little rust if any here. It almost never snows here, so no salted roads, and we are about 35 miles from the Gulf of Mexico, so no salt water in the air like beach towns. Here is pull a parts web sight
https://www.pullapart.com/