Need a little advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DesertRat828

Reaction score
I'm new to this site, but I have a 1995 k1500 with the TBI 350 with 270,000 miles. It runs great other than it seems like it doesn't want to stop running when I turn the key off. But in preparation for the engine going out I was able to aquire a 1996 Yukon with the vortec 350. My plan is to pull the motor from the Yukon and put it on a stand in my garage to build while the TBI still runs. My questions are what upgrades would you recommend to do to this engine while it is out, and what all will it take to swap into my 95? Thanks for any info
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A few questions to help us help you.

What are your power goals?

Staying tbi or going carbed?

What kind of money are you wanting to spend on this engine?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DesertRat828

Reaction score
A few questions to help us help you.

What are your power goals?

Staying tbi or going carbed?

What kind of money are you wanting to spend on this engine?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I was planing on leaving the vortec intake on the engine and swapping the whole harness from the Yukon over to the k1500. Since my truck is still running good right now I have the time to pull everything out of the Yukon and have it ready to go. But I figured while I have the vortec engine on a stand in the garage it would be a good time to make any modifications to it. I would like to up my horsepower a bit, nothing wild as it will still be my daily driver. I was thinking a cam to gain a little and give it a nice lope to it but I don't have any experience with that. This is going to be my learning engine. As for money, I don't have a whole lot but seeing as I have some time I can always save some up.

Last edited:

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cam for power is a good idea and since your going vortec maybe a nice tune I think blackbear does a good one for these motors. I don't have experience swapping from TBI to vortec but since you have a whole donor vehicle it shouldn't be a problem to get everything over that you need. Nice looking truck

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to the Engine Performance section and read up. I did a Vortec into TBI truck swap a few months back and I've been re-writing the same advice every week since.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I feel a little like I may have shut you down. I also realized there's a lot of advice spread over a lot of posts in that section, so yesterday I went out and shot some pictures and did a write-up on swapping Vortec motors into TBIs and what to watch out for. It's in the Engine Performance section. I hope it helps.